Who doesn’t love deviled eggs? They are a great appetizer for any occasion. They’re rich, creamy, and heart-attack inducing. I made them even more enticing and dangerous by adding bacon bits and boy, were they delicious!
Here’s a tip when making deviled eggs. Don’t place the hard-boiled egg white halves on flat plates and then turn about, holding the plate. Those hard-boiled egg whites are darn slippery and will fly across the room. You will wonder who took your egg whites and wrongly accuse your kids. Find a plate with a vertical rim to contain the eggs. If you want to be fancy, get a deviled egg platter where there are designated egg slots. These will surely prevent flying eggs.
Bacon Deviled Egg Recipe
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons of thinly sliced chives
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 2 dill pickles, sliced thinly
- Remove the shells from the hard-boiled eggs and cut length-wise.
- Remove the yolks and mash them in a small bowl using a fork.
- Add mayo, mustard, sugar, salt, black pepper, and paprika into the mashed egg yolk.
- Pipe or scoop the yolk filling into the egg white halves. I prefer piping over scooping as it’s a lot easier and cleaner.
- Top off the piped egg yolk with a sprinkle of chives and a few pieces of bacon.
- Garnish with a few slices of dill pickle.