Who doesn't enjoy freshly baked cookies just out of the oven? Give me a cookie and a tall glass of milk and I'll be a happy girl. I made a fresh batch of Nutella cookies last night. They were thick, moist and decadent. I love them on their own, and I also love them on top of ice cream. Heaven in a bowl, my friends. Heaven in a bowl.
Soft & Chewy Nutella Cookies
Yields 12 large cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (a pinch)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick); softened at room temperature
- 1/3 cup nutella
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar; packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, nutella, sugars, egg and vanilla extract.
- Use a large ice cream scoop, roll out 12 mounds of dough. Lay the mounds on a baking sheet, two inches apart, and cover with Saran wrap. Refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook for about 10 minutes until the edges of cookies are set and the tops are still soft.
- Remove from oven and cool on tray. This will allow the cookies to finish cooking all the way through without drying up. Once cooled, crumble on top of your favorite ice cream.