It was one of those days. I didn't feel like making an elaborate dinner. I wanted to make something quick, feed the family and then hop into my PJs and watch my favorite episodes of Bob's Burger. I stared at my pantry and fridge. This is what I came up with.
Simple Creamy Garlic Pasta Recipe
Makes 4-5 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces cooked pasta
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3-4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or cilantro leaves
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil on medium high.
- Add the minced garlic and stir until fragrant and light brown.
- Add the butter, chicken broth, milk or cream, salt and pepper.
- Let the pan simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta and Parmesan cheese and lightly toss.
- Top with freshly chopped parsley or cilantro leaves.