Moms will always be moms. At least, my mom will always be ... her charming self. After a couple of really scorching days, I decided to get a new haircut to deal with the heat. I ended up getting a very short cut, and I ended up liking it a lot. Family and friends liked it, or were at least polite about it. Mom, however, didn't show any interest. No comments. No words. Instead she insulted my eyebrows and offered to fix them. I'm beginning to see why people drink. Since I'm not a big drinker, I'll settle for some strawberry mint ice tea. Cheers.
Strawberry Mint Ice Tea Recipe (Serves 6)
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup very ripe strawberries (the mushier, the better)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 4 tea bags (I prefer Jasmine Green Tea)
- Some fresh strawberries and mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a small pot, bring the water to a boil.
- Add the sugar, strawberries, mint leaves and tea bags.
- Turn down the heat to a low and gently steep the tea for one hour.
- Strain the liquid and discard the solids.
- Refrigerate tea until chilled.
- Serve with ice cubes and garnish with strawberries and mint leaves.