Now that I have triumphantly cleared the pests that have been sabotaging my garden, my strawberries are flourishing. It's flourishing too nicely. I cannot eat the strawberries fast enough while some are already rotting on the vines. What's a good way to quickly use up strawberries? Make a strawberry puree, of course! Use the puree on top of cheesecake, mousse, ice cream or yogurt. The possibilities are endless. No wasted strawberries here and no disgusting store-bought strawberry sauce with preservatives. That makes me very happy.
Strawberry Puree Recipe
This recipe yields 1/2 cup of strawberry puree.
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Make sure to occasionally stir so that the mixture doesn't burn.
- After 15 minutes, pour the content into a blender.
- Puree until smooth.
- Refrigerate until completely chilled before serving