A cost-saving strategy to buy in bulk has backfired. I have about 4 lbs of butter in the fridge. How will I ever use all this butter? I hate to be one of those weirdos who return perishable items a few days later. The plan of action is clear. Eat all the butter. The good thing is the holiday season is right around the corner. Nothing's more American than clogging your arteries during this wonderful time of year.
Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp; deveined but with the peel still on
- 8 tablespoons / 1 stick of unsalted butter; divided
- 5 cloves of garlic; minced
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of freshly minced cilantro or parsley
- In a large skillet, melt two tablespoons of butter on medium high heat.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper. Cook for another minute until garlic is fragrant.
- Toss in the shrimp. Cook the shrimp for 2-3 minutes. You do not want to fully cook the shrimp at this point.
- Add in the chicken stock and lemon juice.
- Add the remaining butter, one tablespoon at a time, until it's completely melted after each addition.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley.
- Serve immediately.