Vietnamese Peanut Dipping Sauce for Spring Rolls (Tuong Cham Goi Cuon)
Creamy sweet and spicy Vietnamese peanut sauce that’s perfect for Vietnamese spring rolls with shrimp and pork (Goi Cuon Tom Thit) and Vietnamese jicama and carrot spring rolls (Goi Cuon Bo Bia). You can make this peanut dipping sauce ahead of time. Put it in a covered container and store in your fridge. Bring it to room temperature or reheat on the stove before serving.
Vietnamese Peanut Dipping Sauce for Spring Rolls
Makes 4 cups
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic (peel and mince)
- 2 cups water or chicken/pork/shrimp stock
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 cup sweetened creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup crushed unsalted toasted peanuts
- Sriracha or Sambal chili sauce
- In a small pot, heat vegetable oil on medium high. Add garlic and saute until it begins to turn color (about 30 - 60 seconds).
- Add water or stock, hoisin sauce, peanut butter. Mix well and turn heat to low and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Top with optional crushed toasted peanuts and your favorite chili sauce.