Vietnamese Peanut Dipping Sauce for Spring Rolls (Tuong Cham Goi Cuon)
Creamy sweet and spicy Vietnamese peanut sauce that’s perfect for Vietnamese spring rolls with shrimp and pork (Goi Cuon Tom Thit) and Vietnamese jicama and carrot spring rolls (Goi Cuon Bo Bia). You can make this peanut dipping sauce ahead of time. Put it in a covered container and store in your fridge. Bring it to room temperature or reheat on the stove before serving.
Vietnamese Peanut Dipping Sauce for Spring Rolls
Makes 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic (peel and mince)
- 3/4 cup water or broth
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweetened creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup crushed unsalted toasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or Sambal chili sauce
- In a small pot, heat vegetable oil on medium high. Add garlic and saute until it begins to turn color (about 30 - 60 seconds).
- Add chicken broth, hoisin sauce, peanut butter. Mix well and turn heat to low and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Top with optional crushed toasted peanuts and your favorite chili sauce.