I’ve been bit by the cupcake bug. Lately, I've been experimenting with various recipes and below is the one cupcake recipe that I am most proud of. It’s an oil-based recipe instead of butter, which makes the cake super moist. Until I can find a better butter for baking, I’m sticking to oil for my cupcake creations. Enjoy!
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
To make cupcakes:
- Mix the eggs, oil, sugar, and pumpkin in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Stir together dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and beat until well blended.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full with mixture.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees oven for 15 minutes
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Spread with frosting.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
To make frosting:
Beat everything together until fluffy. There is no such thing as overbeating. Spread over cooled cupcakes.