Even though it's still August, I'm counting down the days till Fall. With Fall, comes pumpkin spice EVERY. THING. There are pumpkin spice cookies, pumpkin spice lattes, and of course, pumpkin spice cupcakes. I have also seen pumpkin spice hand lotion! I need to get my pumpkin spice game on so I'm getting a head start with my favorite super-moist-utterly-delicious-and-extremely-simple pumpkin spice cupcake recipe with a traditional fluffy and smooth cream cheese frosting. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Cupcake Recipe
Makes 24 standard size cupcakes
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix the eggs, oil, sugar, and pumpkin puree in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add the flour ingredients to pumpkin mixture and beat until well blended.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full with batter.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees oven for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool the cupcakes completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (4 oz)
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz)
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Use a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Beat the butter until nice and fluffy.
- Add cream cheese and continue to beat until it gets fully incorporated with the butter.
- Add the powdered sugar. Beat on low until the sugar gets incorporated then increase the speed. Continue beating for a 2-3 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and lemon juice. Continue beating until incorporated. Frost as desired.