Now that Spring has sprung, it is time for a light and refreshing dish. One of my favorite dishes in this warm weather is Vietnamese Shrimp Salad (Goi Tom).
- 10 large shrimp; deveined, boiled, peeled then sliced in half along the long side
- 1 head of celery; peeled (remove outside fibers) and sliced thinly at an angle
- 1 small English cucumber; partially peeled and sliced thinly at an angle
- 1 small red bell pepper; julienne
- 1 cup of Vietnamese Coriander leaves
- 1 cup peanuts
- 2 cups pickled daikons and carrots
- 1 lemon; juiced
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- Dry roast the peanuts in a hot pan.
- Coarsely chop the peanuts or run them through a food processor. Set aside.
- Combine all the vegetables in a medium bowl. Toss until combined.
- Combine the lemon juice, sugar and fish sauce in a small bowl. Mix until combined.
- Drizzle the sauce on top of the vegetables. You just want a light coating.
- Top with peanuts.