Mom would always tell stories of how I was such a terror as a child. I have always thought her stories of me were highly exaggerated for cheap laughs. Now that my daughter is three, I'm seeing an eerie similarity. With such a depressing realization, I think I'm going to make me some cupcakes.
Recipe makes about 18 standard size cupcakes
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (about three minutes).
- Add the eggs and yolk, one at a time and fully combine into the mixture after each addition.
- Add the sour cream, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and milk. Mix until combined.
- Fill the cupcake tins 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes until inserted toothpick at the center comes out clean.